In-Person Paraquat Training
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
I am also providing the links below to access the training module online. Please make sure to look over the instructions, this will take you to the module and how to navigate through it. This training module must be completed every 3 years and applicators must receive 100% on the quiz, this can be taken as many times as needed. Please note that paraquat training is NOT required to purchase the product but is MANDATORY for all activities including paraquat (including mixing, loading, application, transportation, storage, disposal, cleaning the pesticide equipment, etc.). An applicator CANNOT apply paraquat under the supervision of someone else’s license.
Dr. Cahoon has made the instructions very easy to follow. You will have to create an account but all of the information you need will be in the instruction manual.
Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help you in any way.
New Paraquat Requirements Update
- An applicator CANNOT apply paraquat under the supervision
of someone else’s license.
DANGER ONE SIP CAN KILL
- Training can be accessed online through the “How to Safely Use and Handle Paraquat-Containing Pesticides” Paraquat Training Module
PELIGRO UN SORBO PUEDE CAUSAR LA MUERTE
- Training can also be completed in-person through the NCSU Cooperative Extension Agency. In person training will be scheduled on a county-by-county basis; contact your local NCSU Cooperative Extension Agent.
- Once completed, the training is good for 3 years.
- Spanish versions (Mexican Spanish and Puerto Rican Spanish) of the online training will
- Paraquat training must be completed individually. Applicators must receive a 100% on the final assessment to obtain a completion certificate.
- Individuals that complete the online training must print out a copy of their completion certificate for their records. Individuals that attend the in person training will receive a paper copy of their completion certificate for their records.
- Paraquat training is NOT required to purchase paraquat products but is MANDATORY for all paraquat use activities (including mixing, loading, application, transportation, storage, disposal, cleaning pesticide equipment, etc.).
- Previously purchased paraquat products that do not include the new training requirement on the label can be used WITHOUT completing the online training.